Wednesday, September 14, 2016

ME AND MY ARTS (ASTON LUPIA)



ME AND MY ARTS (ASTON LUPIA)

WHAT PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT ASTON LUPIA

Am an artist/film maker based in a small town called Yala in western Kenya about 600 kilometers from Nairobi city and 80 kilometers from the Kenya Uganda border.
.


  I enjoy working with the community especially young people like me, and documenting history by filming them. Documenting is a great part of me because I believe in reality not fiction. I love understanding how and why this or that is happening by that I dig deep. So far I have one finished documentary on how the Banyala a Luyah sub-tribe from western Kenya choose one to join the house of elders. And am currently working on another documentary on music and dance




ASTON LUPIA MUSIC

Me and music is like life and air, I just can’t run away from it no matter how hard I try. Am a rapper who enjoy all genre of music. To me it doesn’t matter what kind of instrumental is played as long as it sounds good I will love it. In primary school I had a friend whom we used to bang desk and rap on it that’s why I fill flexible to all tunes. I enjoy funk beats with a small touch of hip hop and electro on it. I have no album of my own but I have been featured, written and participated in so many tunes. Currently am working on a mixtape called music speak to my soul. Production is done both at MS RECORDS in Eldoret town in Kenya and Kampala Uganda at a surprise production house.
It’s been more than five years since I last performed any art of mine. The last time I did a spoken word at  peace festival in Eldoret and before that a show at ALLIANCE FRANCAISE. Am back and I believe matured to roll the dice again. I promise all my friends that I will give out good music that will speak to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment