Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Me and Arts (Mc Spook)




Mc Spook

my music 

written by mc spook

Music is so much more than notes on paper. I never learned how to read or notate music, and yet consistently I wrote earth-shattering and face-melting music.
The songs you hear me in, represent 'Mc Spook'. I didn't learn how to make music, but anytime  I felt that I have something in mind or a promising melody came to me, I simply grabbed a tape recorder and sang it out or tapped it out, creating inspiring  acapella demos that I would then rerecord on instruments in the studio or just record the demo straight away.
Music is about learning new things and creativity. My soul resonates when I wake up in the morning and create a melody that speaks much to souls.
I love music and am still exploiting more on it. As a producer we build lots of sounds from chords within us that just create wonders, when it manifests itself as beautiful piece of art that speaks.

Mc Spook-Bigger Than Eldoret album

“Many people have said that I can’t do what I want to do with my life…or the music that I make. I think because I use to be whack lyrically. I didn’t take my rhymes serious: They use to tell me “Oh you got to do this to make a mark in the game. You can’t sound like that to make a mark in the game. You got to sound like this.”  I think "Bigger Than Eldoret album, proves that you can do what you want to do. Dope is dope. Whack is whack. am proud of what I have achieved and in my own right, I feel like I’m a king in what I’ve achieved, If you want to get past a certain point it has to be more than just your beats or raps. You have to have something about you. And the four albums have been great with my spirit:

1. Meeting the Eclipse Ft. Ochuka
2. Fifth Letter Ep
3. Waridi Love Series
4. Bigger Than Eldoret
"The first three albums are about collabos I did plus rhymes I wrote randomly, it was about what I can do for hip-hop. Hard rhymes n Bars “But in bigger than Eldoret"Is about Me & my music. Type of Sound I want my fans/Family & Future children to Listen to & be proud " I’m a lyrics-first person. ‘I use to work on my lyrics more than delivery n sound. Now I work on my sound more, many people can say I have outgrown my lyrical n sound capability. “Bigger Than Eldoret",Opened doors for me, people in the streets are like, "this album, this album, this album is pure dope kwa beats /lines/delivery, where can I get the copies", because they have been listening to two songs that leaked from the Album. I got 4,000 fans Out There on my Sound cloud/reverb nation/mdundo/music band, waiting for me to drop something but they don’t want to buy copies it forced me to  think "then the solution i made is to make beautiful music n sell it, trust me they will buy”. Now am seeing the logic work. Thinking of making another album with no "rapper features..
Shout out to Omondi Ochuka and Mike Wudz in particular. I would have never seen it getting this big.


Bigger Than Eldoret Tour!!!


The stage is setup for album tour and we have got the most soul-satisfying sounds already playing from our speakers.
Someone tell my mom and family that am doing this for them. For Mama/For Kim & Des/For Johnson Ooko(Ababa)/For Ma Homies (Ochuka & Wudz/), My  Wife Maureen Ogelo/For Ma Best Partner & Bro(Mike Odero) & For My Loyal Fans.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment